Odor is a perception. The volatile chemical substances in the air we breathe stimulate the receptor cells in our olfactory system. The brain then interprets this stimulus as an odor.
Nakheel Environmental & Industrial Solutions provides Odor Monitoring instrumentation ranging from the basic handheld odor meters to turnkey automated continuous monitoring system designed to measure odors and gaseous pollutants.
The measurement by an online, automated, continuous Odor Monitoring System combines different elements:
- Continuous instrumental measurement in real time which does not depend on the availability of a panel
- Measurement of odor concentration easily interpreted and correlated to sensory measurement
- Measurement of odor coupled with physico-chemical analysis of specific compounds (H2S, NH3) and chemical groups (VOCs, mercaptans)
- A continuous anticipation of the possible discomfort to residents thanks to integrated dispersion calculations
- Pollutant Gases: H2S, NH3, Mercaptans, VOC
- Quantification: Odor Unit E/m3
Odor Monitoring instrumentation provided in Oman & Qatar:
- Automated Continuous Analysis of Odorous Sulphur Compounds: H2S, DMS, DMDS, VOC
- Handheld Odor Meter: C2H6O, C3H6O, H2, H2S, CH4S, NH3, TVOC, …
- Real Time H2S & NH3 Monitoring Station